Saturday, August 5, 2017

The Binge

I've heard about it, I've read about it all over the place, I've never imagined getting caught up in it.

See, I bought a fire stick from Amazon, it even has Alexa, and, boy, I'm enthralled. I have to be at work in less than 2 hours and I'm only on season one of Being Human which I'm loving by the way. I mean, a vampire, a werewolf, and a ghost - what more could a viewer want? I'm on the episode where the crazy vamp b**** turned a little boy and it's intense to say the least. Not sure how it's going to turn out but after watching this episode, I've got to get some sleep or I'll never make it through 2 shifts.

My viewing thus far has been very controlled if I can use that word in this instance. I've stayed away from shows that haven't ended because I'm impatient which has caused me not to watch many newer series which are running on Netflix. Some I know I'll never watch like, don't shoot me - Game of Thrones. I've seen some clips, read lots about it, and there is just nothing that really appeals to me and I seem to be in a very small camp on that one so I'll move on. Last week I did all of Bitten about werewolves and prior to that I binged the Almighty Johnsons, a take on Norse gods and goddesses reborn in people on earth. Before that there was one about teenaged merpeople. After Being Human, I don't know where I'll head but I seem to be on a paranormal spree. Anyway...

Hello, my name is Joann - I'm a binger!

Now if only I can get back to writing. Haven't done much since my hand surgery other than re-reading older stories in preparation for getting them back out there. I didn't realized I had so much! Contemplating new covers boggles my mind but in a good way because I'll finally have complete control over that process.

Well, thunder and lightning have arrived so I'll end by asking for any good suggestions to while away the final days of summer.

What programs have you binged on that you'd suggest to a novice in the arena?

Growl and roar-it's okay to let the beast out. - J. Hali Steele

8 comments:

Diane Burton said...

Joann, I'm a binger, too. I watched all of Farscape and Stargate SG-1. Even watched all the old Star Trek episodes and Deep Space 9. As you can see, sci-fi is my thing. Hubs watched all of Sons of Anarchy. I'm thinking of getting Netflix so I can watch the remake Anne of Green Gables. Love that we can watch series we missed first time around or rewatch. Enjoy! (I'm with you about Game of Thrones. Never got into it.)

Nancy Gideon said...

HUGE binger! I never have time to keep up with a weekly series . . . not and get up at 4:30 a.m. so I save my secret pleasures for the weekend between projects: Stranger Things, the Originals, House of Cards and of course, Supernatural on a continual loop. Some I start in the middle of the series like Breaking Bad in season 8 then I have to go back and start at the beginning. It's like finding a book series and you have to burn through all of them.

Maureen said...

I am new to binging. I'm watching Supernatural with my girls as they re-watch it. We started watching it in February (I think) and we are almost done (12 seasons). Makes me sad to see it end and have to wait for it to return and watch once a week- what?! I loved Stranger Things!

DEZMOND said...

British original series BEING HUMAN on which the US version was based is much, much better, and totally magical, and it yielded both Russell Tovey and Aidan Turner as today's huge UK stars

CJ Burright said...

I loved Being Human! I didn't binge though...I actually watched it every week when it was on. I'm not a big binger, but one weekend when hubby was away fishing, I watched quite a few episodes of Sense8. Great contemporary paranormal stuff!

dolorah said...

I loved Being Human. It was, however, past time for it to end. I'm a series reader, so naturally I enjoy bingeing on tv programs. On movie marathons too, lol.

Francesca Quarto said...

I've been carrying my brand new Alexa around with me from room to room; it's truly pathetic! I confess to smiling when I order her to play something new; better than talking to myself which I do too, but without the musical accompaniment...
Loved your true confessions as fellow binger. Nothing wrong with that; especially if it's chocolate or Game of Thrones!

J Hali Steele said...

Some great ideas to feed my binge here and I'm glad I'm not alone!

CJ, I just finished season 1, episode four of Sense8 - Hey yeah yeah yeah, I say hey what's going on - Love 4 Non Blondes' song used for that episode. I'm a little hooked. On to episode 5.

Thanks all.